Denton County Paralegal Association
The Greater Denton Legal Assistants Association (GDLAA) was founded in 1991. In 2005 the Association changed its name to the Denton County Paralegal Association (DCPA).
DCPA’s purpose is to promote the professional objectives and goals of paralegals in Denton County, Texas, to encourage, promote, and conduct programs of continuing education and professional development, as well as to promote high standards of integrity and professionalism for paralegals.
The DCPA’s mission is to promote the paralegal profession and goals of the paralegal by
- Recognizing the unique challenges facing the paralegal.
- Emphasizing continuing legal education among members of the profession.
- Promoting high standards of integrity and professionalism for paralegals.
- Advocating utilization of the paralegal as a valued team member.
- Providing networking opportunities among peers.
- Providing a voice for its members on the issues facing the paralegal profession.
- Establishing positive fellowship among Association members and members of the legal community.
2013 DCPA Officers:
2013 DCPA Committee Chairs:
Membership – Gina Elliott, Chair
CLE – Vicki Schmidt, Chair
Social – Christy Powell, Chair
Newsletter – Lisa Pittman, Chair
Legal Directory – Michele George, Chair
Fundraising – Michelle Beecher, Chair
TAPA – Jennifer Stout, Chair
Scholarship - Georgya Rankin, Chair
Code of Ethics
To effect its purpose, DCPA adopts as a guideline for professional conduct the Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility of the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas.