The Greater Denton Legal Assistants Association (GDLAA) was founded in 1991. In 2005 the Association changed its name to the Denton County Paralegal Association (DCPA).
DCPA’s purpose is to promote the professional objectives and goals of paralegals in Denton County, Texas, to encourage, promote, and conduct programs of continuing education and professional development, as well as to promote high standards of integrity and professionalism for paralegals.
The DCPA’s mission is to promote the paralegal profession and goals of the paralegal by
2014 DCPA Officers:
- Recognizing the unique challenges facing the paralegal.
- Emphasizing continuing legal education among members of the profession.
- Promoting high standards of integrity and professionalism for paralegals.
- Advocating utilization of the paralegal as a valued team member.
- Providing networking opportunities among peers.
- Providing a voice for its members on the issues facing the paralegal profession.
- Establishing positive fellowship among Association members and members of the legal community.
Kim Guertler – President
Cheryl Cooper – President-Elect
Melody Brackeen – Secretary/Parliamentarian
Lisa Pittman – Treasurer
Sunnie Palmer – Historian
2014 DCPA Committee Chairs:
Membership – Gina Elliot
CLE – Michelle Beecher
Social – Priscilla Brooks
Newsletter – Lisa Pittman
Legal Directory – Michele George
Fundraising – Jennifer Stout
TAPA – Jennifer Stout
Scholarship - Wanda Woodworth
Code of Ethics
To effect its purpose, DCPA adopts as a guideline for professional conduct the Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility of the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas.